ICGEB NEW DELHI, INDIA
Mammalian Biology: Recombinant Gene Products, Immunology, Malaria, Structural and Computational Biology, Virology; Plant Biology: Insect Resistance, Plant Molecular Biology, Plant Transformation; Synthetic Biology and Biofuels
THE ICGEB NEW DELHI PhD PROGRAMME (commencement 1 August 2013). Hostel accommodation is provided on campus on a twin-sharing basis, at a nominal rate, for PhD students only.
ICGEB TRIESTE, ITALY
Bacteriology and Plant Bacteriology, Cellular Immunology, Human Molecular Genetics, Molecular Immunology, Molecular Medicine, Molecular Pathology, Molecular Virology, Mouse Molecular Genetics, Neurobiology, Protein Networks, Protein Structure and Bioinformatics, Tumour Virology, Yeast Molecular Genetics
THE ICGEB TRIESTE PhD PROGRAMME (commencement 1 October 2013).
ICGEB CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
Cancer Genomics, Cancer Molecular and Cell Biology, Cellular Immunology, Cytokines and Disease
THE ICGEB CAPE TOWN PhD PROGRAMME (commencement 1 January 2014).
Limited accommodation is available on campus in 2- or 3-bedroom furnished apartments on a shared basis on conditions to be negotiated with the University of Cape Town. No meals are provided.
ICGEB MONTEROTONDO OUTSTATION - ROME, ITALY
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State; Indian and South African nationals are not eligible to apply for the ICGEB fellowship to attend the Ph.D. Programme in New Delhi and Cape Town, respectively.
- For ICGEB Trieste a BSc (Honours) degree is essential; for ICGEB New Delhi an MSc degree is essential;
for ICGEB Cape Town a BSc (honors) degree is essential. Good working knowledge of the English language (supported by a proficiency certificate such as TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate or equivalent) is essential as all activities related to the PhD Programme and courses are held in English.
- Candidates must be below the age of 32 years at the time of the closing date (i.e. date of birth after 31/03/81); there is no age limit for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
PERIOD OF SUPPORT
Up to 3 years.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPORT
- Stipends are calculated to cover the cost of normal living expenses (annually) for one person at the location of the individual host institute (married applicants should take special notice of this as no family or dependency allowance is included in the Fellowship); fellowships are renewable for the following years provided that the Ph.D. Programme requirements are fulfilled.
- Other training costs include travel to and from the host country and medical health insurance cover.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
- See the Application Form and Guidelines in pdf and word.doc and, in addition, attach the following:
- Academic results (refer to "The ICGEB Trieste International PhD Programme, "Admission Requirements" section).
- Complete applications from nationals of ICGEB Member States must be sent to the ICGEB Liaison Officer in the applicant’s country of origin, by 31 MARCH 2013.
Italian nationals should send the complete application directly to ICGEB Trieste, by 30 APRIL 2013.
ICGEB, Human Resources Unit, Padriciano 99, 34149 Trieste - Italy
Tel: +39-040-3757305, fax: +39-040-3757379, email: firstname.lastname@example.org