The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Postdoctoral Fellowships
ICGEB NEW DELHI, INDIA
Mammalian Biology: Recombinant Gene Products, Immunology, Malaria, Structural and Computational Biology, Virology; Plant Biology: Insect Resistance, Plant Molecular Biology, Plant Transformation; Synthetic Biology and Biofuels
ICGEB TRIESTE, ITALY
Bacteriology and Plant Bacteriology, Biosafety, Biotechnology Development, Cellular Immunology, Human Molecular Genetics, Molecular Immunology, Molecular Medicine, Molecular Pathology, Molecular Virology, Mouse Molecular Genetics, Neurobiology, Protein Networks, Protein Structure and Bioinformatics, Tumour Virology, Yeast Molecular Genetics
ICGEB CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
Cancer Genomics, Cancer Molecular and Cell Biology, Cellular Immunology, Cytokines and Disease
ICGEB MONTEROTONDO OUTSTATION – ROME, ITALY
- Candidates must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in the country of their origin. Italian/Indian/South African nationals who are resident abroad may apply for fellowships to ICGEB Trieste, New Delhi and Cape Town, respectively, and must provide evidence that they are working/living abroad.
- Applicants should be holders of a recent Ph.D. or have at least 3 years’ research experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates below the age of 35.
PERIOD OF SUPPORT
Up to 2 years.
During the second year the fellow will be assessed and the concession of a “return grant”, to be utilized in the fellow’s home country, will be considered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPORT
- Stipends are calculated to cover the cost of normal living expenses for one person at the location of the individual host institute (married applicants should take special notice of this as no family or dependency allowance is included in the Fellowship).
- Other training costs include travel to and from the host country and medical health insurance cover.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
- See the Application Form and Guidelines in pdf and word.doc and, in addition, attach the following:
- Confirmation of research position from the applicant’s home institute and evidence of continuation of present employment upon completion of fellowship, with a formal acceptance to provide a suitable position and relevant laboratory space for at least the entire duration of the “return grant”.
- Complete applications from nationals of ICGEB Member States must be sent to the ICGEB Liaison Officer in the applicant’s country of origin, by 31 MARCH 2013.
Italian nationals should send the complete application directly to ICGEB Trieste, by 30 APRIL 2013.
ICGEB, Human Resources Unit, Padriciano 99, 34149 Trieste - Italy
Tel: +39-040-3757305, fax: +39-040-3757379, email: firstname.lastname@example.org