The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Short term fellowships
- Fellowships will be awarded only for on-going collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and the Research Groups at the ICGEB laboratories in Italy, India and South Africa.
- The fellowship may include a stipend, assistance towards travel expenses and, if requested, a small allocation for laboratory consumables for the host group depending on availability of funds; very short visits may not be eligible for a travel subsidy. The fellow may apply for any combination of support by ticking the appropriate box on the Application Form.
- Period of support: 3 to 6 months.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for a fellowship in their country of origin.
- See Application Form and Guidelines in pdf and word.doc, for further details.
- There is no fixed deadline.
The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Sandwich PhD Programme
This Programme is aimed at students who are involved in a Ph.D. project in their own country that falls within the research fields of an ICGEB Group. Students will be able to carry out some of the research experiments that are foreseen in their own university Ph.D. study plan at the ICGEB laboratories in Italy, India and South Africa, in agreement with both the home supervisor and the ICGEB Group Leader.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for a fellowship to be undertaken in their country of origin.
- The student must already be enrolled with his home university and have a well-defined project underway with his home supervisor.
- Both supervisor and student should negotiate a research project with a suitable ICGEB Group Leader, which will provide the basis for the application which must also include a detailed schedule of foreseen activities to be carried out both at the home institute and at the host laboratories.
Terms and Conditions of Support
- Stipends while at the ICGEB laboratories (6-12 months) are calculated to cover the cost of normal living expenses for one person at the location of the individual host institute.
- The fellowship will cover the cost of one return ticket (air economy most direct route) and medical health insurance.
Submission of Application
- See Application Form and Guidelines in pdf and word.doc, in addition, attach the following:
- Research Project agreed with ICGEB Group Leader and home university supervisor;
- Detailed Schedule of foreseen activities, at both home institute and host laboratory;
- Written Statement from the applicant's home university endorsing this collaboration.
Complete applications from nationals of ICGEB Member States must be sent to the ICGEB Liaison Officer in the applicant's country of origin. There is no fixed deadline.
ICGEB, Human Resources Unit, Padriciano 99, 34149 Trieste - Italy
Tel: +39-040-3757305, fax: +39-040-3757379, email: firstname.lastname@example.org